2. How do you like sewing/ironing/working with the fabric?
I LOVED sewing with this! It is a very nice weight, a bit heavier than medium weight linen I have worked with in the past, but has great drape, irons beautifully, but still has that soft wrinkle texture I love about linen. I made too many mistakes while sewing, and had to seam rip a few times, but the fabric held up just fine.
3. Have you washed your finished garment/fabric? How did it do (fade, get softer, etc) ?
I washed (in cold) and dried (in med hot dryer) and it is perfect so far.
4. How do you feel about the print placement on your garment? Do you think the motifs are too big, too small?
For the apron, I really wanted to have it all vertical direction for the bird motifs, but I had no problem cutting with that in mind. Once reason I chose the apron was because I wanted to have long panels to really show off the fabric. For this project the size was just right.
5. What do you think of the weight? Does it work well for your project?
Yes, perfect weight for this. It drapes well, but has some weight so the apron doesn’t slide around and look too sloppy (as I wear this as a “dress” over pants, not as an apron, I really like that quality. I have another linen apron made from a lighter weight linen, and I don't like how light it is and it rides around too much)
6. Are there any other garments/home items you'd like to make with this fabric?
I would love to make a skirt out of this. I think (for me) it would be a bit too heavy for a shirt. But would also make a beautiful Wiksten Haori,
or other type of lightweight jacket (Tamarack by Grainline